Affiliate marketing is quickly becoming one of the biggest ways to make money online. It is not a get rich scheme; it takes time and patience to build up relationships with the businesses you are marketing and the consumers you are reaching with your content. With that said, a lot of people are interested in learning how to an affiliate marketer due to the freedom and financial opportunities it can provide to just about anyone.
What is Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate Marketing is the process of earning money while promoting companies and products that you can stand behind. With the introduction of the Internet, companies began to realize that it was the perfect platform to use to get the goods and services they offer out to a larger and more diverse audience. The internet e-commerce sector has become an available tool for any individual or company looking to reach a wider audience base.
If you want to become an affiliate marketer, it’s all about creating relationships with the advertisers, publishers, and consumers.
The advertisers are the businesses that sell the products and services, the publisher aids the company in promoting these products, and the consumers are considered to be the audience that experiences these companies through online exposure and advertising.
How does Affiliate Marketing work?
Affiliate Marketing is based on revenue sharing and is a type of incentives program. The goal of marketing is to build an alliance with a brand, product, service, or company, and market these services to people online. The Affiliated Marketing consultant shares in a percentage of the company’s profits in exchange for bringing them valued business and gained exposure. The same marketing advertising concepts used in television and print ads are applied here, only the platform that is used to entice and attract the consumers is on the internet.
Social media networks, digital billboards, and blog content are all practical techniques applied in marketing. Effective marketing means providing unique and valuable content that sets a company apart from their competitors. Building up a strong brand and adding to the company’s integrity is essential to a successful marketing campaign.
When starting out in the marketing industry, several key focuses should be made a priority:
1. To become an affiliate marketer, you should strongly consider focusing on recurring revenue; this means that the flow of income can be routinely predictable from month to month instead of sporadic and in small and short bursts spread over several months. Recurring revenue, or residual income, is money that is continuously earned while no work is currently and presently being accomplished. All of the time has already been invested; this is good when trying to eliminate the guesswork when it comes to being able to maintain a steady income.
2. Never rely on a single traffic source. Always expect the unexpected when it comes to marketing. Don’t put all of your eggs in one basket, as the old saying goes. Master one source and then move to the next. Trying to become an affiliate marketer is tedious and you will probably start with just one main traffic source such as search engines, but over time, you will want to diversify as much as possible.
3. Do not forget about the mobile users. A lot of focus is placed on websites and the web traffic, but in recent years more and more people have turned to using their phones as their primary internet tool. When doing marketing, all of the techniques implemented should also include mobile friendly views for those that use their phones which means reaching a wider audience and gaining more traffic and clicks, which in turn means more revenue.
4. Know the current and seasonal trends and stay ahead of them; this is important to being able to gain predictability, especially considering income flow variants.
5. Focus on topic targeting, rather than keyword targeting. Ads and ad words should be placed on sites that have content that is closely related to the focus of the current marketing.
On your path to become an affiliate marketer, it isn’t always going to be an easy job. A lot of time and hard work must be dedicated to promoting relevant offers and helping the targeted audience. Some of the pros, however, are never having to create products, just drive the traffic to someone else’s products and earn money while not worrying about any customer support.
Becoming a member of Wealthy AffiliateIt is a good first step in achieving success earned through online marketing. At Wealthy Affiliate they offer an Affiliate Marketing Guide that explains exactly how affiliate marketing works, as well as what needs to be avoided on the journey to recurring revenue. Even if you don’t want to pay for anything, you can join their introductory package and it still provides quite a bit of useful training.
We are dedicated to providing the tools and information that are needed to become an affiliate marketer while simplifying the process and speaking in terms everyone can understand. Money is never the top priority; building relationships and trust are two of the most important aspects of any marketing campaign. Without the consumers and the companies that make these products, there would be nothing to market. Nothing to promote. Our goal is to accelerate an affiliate marketer’s success and enable them to see the positive and rewarding results that can come from a career in online marketing.
Start Your Own Affilaite Marketing Website!
Serious about becoming an affilaite marketer? Let's set up your website! It's not as hard as you might think! Just follow these simple step-by-step instructions, and for $2.95 per month, you'll have your own domain name on a WordPress website with discounted Bluehost web hosting. Ready to get started? Let's go!
Step 1: Visit Bluehost.com
If you use this link you'll get discounted pricing for just $2.95/mo. So click here to visit Bluehost.com. Bluehost is the #1 recommended web hosting by WordPress.org. It also happens to be my top recommendation. Every account features 1-click WordPress installation. It is one of the most well known, mos popular, and affordable web hosting options. Bluehost is especially great for beginners due to their user friendly features and one-click WordPress installation.
Click the "get started now" button and let’s get started! (see above). Select a hosting plan that fits your needs. (Normally, if you are just starting out I recommend the basic plan but, if you are really serious about this and want more resources & power go with their Prime or Pro plan). Keep in mind, you can always upgrade your plan as you grow.
Step 2: Pick Your Domain Name
Search for a domain with the domain name search tool below. Don’t spend a ton of time on this step, you can always change the domain name later. If you already have a domain name, type it in the "I have a domain name" box. Bluehost is generous enough to throw in a FREE domain name with every new hosting account created.
The next step is to fill out your account and billing information.
Review the package information below and decide what term/add-ons are desired. The biggest bang for your buck is on the 60 month term, but you can choose 36 months, 24 months or 12 months. Please note that Bluehost will charge you upfront for the entire term.
Insert payment information and accept the terms.
Congrats, your hosting account has been created! Bluehost will send you a welcome email.
Create your password. Make sure to review the requirements for creating the password. If you need help you can always click the “Suggest Password” option. Regardless, I recommend notating it just to be safe. You’ll end up needing it later on.
Go ahead and login to start getting familiar with your new Bluehost account.
Step 3: Install Your WordPress WebsiteThanks to Bluehost, after your hosting account has been created WordPress will automatically install. Start off by picking a theme, these are all free themes from WordPress.org. You can always update or customize your theme later.
Now that you’ve picked your theme, let’s jump into WordPress and get you even closer to constructing that first blog post.
Decide whether this site will be for business or personal use.
On this step, you’ll see an overview of Bluehost+WordPress integration. You can manage WordPress plugins and blog posts or pages here.
Here’s a revamped dashboard of the Bluehost control panel.
Now you can make your site look how you want! Since you are using WordPress the sky's the limit! If you're looking for a great tutorial on how to build a great looking WordPress site, check out this video.