Just a few short years ago, I was an OTR truck driver for Prime, Inc. That’s me standing next to my truck in the picture on the left. As a company driver, I was required to stay out on the road at least 3 to 4 weeks at a time (although I usually stayed out longer). Not to mention I was pushing 80hrs per week, every week, on an erratic schedule. We won’t get into what my hours were like before they forced me to use e-logs! 😉
Even though I was a company driver, I know you Owner Operators and Lease Operators deal with the same hectic schedule. Heck, even you local drivers are working your butt off. I know full well when you get home at the end of your shift (whatever time that might be) all you really have time to do is shower, grab a warm meal, and get some rest until you do it all over again the next day. Spending quality time with the family is somehow incredibly difficult.
Drivers, it doesn’t have to be this way!
These days, my life is much different. I’m no longer a truck driver, but I still travel the country. Only now, I travel around in a 31ft travel trailer. I go where I want, when I want, I stay as long as I want, and I can work from anywhere with an internet connection. Just last month I earned almost $11,000 and this month is shaping up to be about the same. I’ve been doing this for YEARS now!
I actually began building my business while I was still an OTR driver. If I can do this, so can you, and I want to teach you.
Additional Articles You Might Be Interested In
- 10 Reasons Why It ROCKS To Be A Professional Blogger
- What Is Affiliate Marketing?
- 7 LEGIT Ways To Make Money Online
My Video Just For Truck Drivers
Truck Driving Does NOT Equal Freedom
Bottom line is, after a couple years of this, I realized that truck driving isn’t the abundance of freedom I thought it would be. Something had to change.
Stuck In The Truck Driving Trap
It’s not that I hated truck driving or anything like that. I actually enjoyed it. But I knew I didn’t want to drive a truck the rest of my life. Eventually, I’d have to find another job. Just one tiny little problem…
Being out on the road for 3+ weeks at a time didn’t leave me much time to apply for other jobs. At most, I’d get 4 days off at a time. During that time, I wanted to rest, see my friends and family, etc. I had no interest in spending my off days going on job interviews. This is what I call the “truck driving trap.” Once you’re in, they keep you, because trucking consumes every single aspect of your life. Many don’t escape this trap.
I know a lot of you probably feel the same way as I did. And to make matters even more complicated, I did NOT want to get some crappy office job. I already tried that once and it didn’t work out so well. I wanted TRUE freedom. The ability to TRULY go where I want, when I want, and make money from anywhere I choose to be. I also wanted to set my own hours and make at least as much as I was making driving a truck (mid 40k range).
If this sounds like a lot to ask, I admit it was. But…. I FIGURED IT OUT!
At the time, I didn’t realize it, but what I really wanted was to become an affiliate marketer. With affiliate marketing, all I needed was a laptop, an internet connection, and the willingness to sell other peoples products and services which I could collect a commission on.
Ok, it might be a bit more complicated than that, but if you’re reading this post right now from your truck, you already have everything you need to run a successful online business and you don’t have to quit your day job to start it.
If you’re not familiar with affiliate marketing, please visit this page and watch the below video.
How I Found Time To Start My Affiliate Marketing Business
I know what you’re thinking – how in the world is it possible to start a legitimate business as a full time OTR truck driver working 80hrs per week on a hectic schedule?? I’m glad you asked.
I can’t speak for all of you, but I hauled refrigerated freight. Anyone who has been to a reefer warehouse knows how long it can take to get loaded or unloaded. So, instead of twiddling my thumbs sitting at the dock, I’d work on my business. During 34hr restarts, instead of going out and partying, I’d work on my biz. While waiting to get a new load assignment, I’d work on my biz. During my 10hr breaks, I’d spend 1 or 2 hours working on my biz. Basically, anytime I had some downtime, I would hop on my laptop and get to work. And guess what – it worked!
After 6 months of doing this, I began earning profits from my business. Within’ 1 year, I quit my job at Prime. And after just 18 months, I had my first $10k month.
Here are just a few of the places I’ve been since I quit truck driving and become a full-time RVer.
- How Long Does It Take To Become A Full-Time Affiliate Marketer?
- What Is A Typical Affiliate Marketer Income?
How You Will Spend Your Time Becoming An Affiliate Marketer
First of all, affiliate marketing is BUSINESS. I’m not teaching some get rich quick strategy that runs on auto-pilot. What I want to teach you is how to build a real, legitimate business on the internet. So, here are some of the tasks you will need to perform…
- Learn about the affiliate marketing business model: Affiliate marketing is a multi-billion dollar per year industry. There are ways to do it right and there are ways to do it wrong. I will teach you how to do it the right way, including showing you how to develop your own affiliate marketing business plan that you’ll know for certain will be successful and profitable.
- Choose a great market: You’ll want to choose a market industry that you already know and love, which can also be highly profitable. You’ll be spending a lot of time on your website, so picking an enjoyable and a profitable topic is crucial to your success. I will show you how to do just that.
- Find high quality affiliate programs: Some people build websites for fun, but if you want to grow a real business online, you must have a monetization plan. Most major online retailers offer an affiliate program. For example, Amazon.com has one of the largest affiliate programs in the World (which I’m a part of). I will show you how to find the best affiliate programs AND how to earn commissions from those programs by sending them potential customers who are already looking to spend money.
- Develop a website: This is a big turnoff for many people considering affiliate marketing. I often hear people say things like, “but I’m not very good with technology” or “I don’t know anything about building websites.” Listen, you don’t have to be good with technology and you don’t have to know anything about building websites. I will show you step-by-step through video tutorials how to do everything (and it wont take that long). If you can learn all the skills to drive a big rig safely, learning how to create a website will be a piece of cake.
- Create content for your website: This is where you’ll be spending the majority of your time. If you don’t create lots of free content for people to enjoy, nobody will ever visit your website. I’ll show you how to create kick-butt content that both people and search engines will love. You will not have to pay a single dime to bring people into your website. Website traffic will just flow in from free sources.
- Learn how to promote your website: From search engines to social media and online video, there are a near limitless number of ways to attract thousands of free visitors to your website each and every day. Almost all of my websites attract a minimum of 1,000 visitors per day. All I have to do is promote certain products or services to those people and even if only a small percentage purchases those products or services, I get a commission. The more eyeballs that see your website the more you can make. That’s why I teach you how to get a ton of people to your site without spending any money on marketing.
Patience Brings Rewards
Yes, there will be a learning curve to all of this. And yes, it will take some time before you start seeing some real profits. Again, this is BUSINESS and building a real business does take some time. HOWEVER, the rewards are unmatched.
Once you start earning an income from your efforts, it becomes residual. That means, you will no longer get paid based on yoru time (or per mile you drive). Every page on your website is a potential money maker for you and once the page is built, it stays there forever. The more pages you build, the more opportunities you’ll have to make money while you sleep.
Literally, the first thing I do when I wake up is see how much money I made overnight. I get paid 24/7/365, whether I’m actually working or am on vacation. Honestly, my entire life is a vacation. I work wherever I want and whenever I want. I’ve never worked so little and yet been paid so well in all my life. The same can happen for you.
If freedom is what you’re after, nothing beats affiliate marketing. Nothing.
The Choice Is Yours, Driver!
Over the years, I’ve learned a lot about how to create a successful affiliate marketing company, and now I’m passing my knowledge and experience onto you with by giving up the same exact training program that taught ME how to make money online.
Over the next 7 days, I will teach you everything you need to know about starting your own affiliate marketing company, right from the cab of your truck. All you have to do is watch my step-by-step video instructions and by next week, you will have a rock solid business plan, monetization plan, a custom designed website that YOU designed, and enough knowledge to start sending free traffic to your website. As long as you put in the ongoing effort, by next year you might not be a trucker anymore.
On the other hand, let’s assume you DON’T sign up for my free course. This will always be just another idea that never went anywhere. Something you feel is unachievable or unobtainable. Soon this article will be completely forgotten and your life will be the exact same as it is now.
Maybe you’re not ready for a change and still enjoy trucking too much to consider doing anything else. That’s extremely noble and there is nothing wrong with that. But if you feel like a change is needed, why not give my free course a try? You never know where it will lead….
Keep the shiny side up and stay out of those chicken coops, driver! And thanks for all you do. I understand the sacrifices you make and as a former trucker, I never take that for granted.