When you decide to become an affiliate marketer, you’ll have plenty of questions and concerns. For most, one of the biggest is simply how to find success and reach those goals that are always talked about in the ads for network marketing companies. There are plenty of solutions available, and most of the time when people set out to become an affiliate marketer they’ll focus primarily on online sales and recruiting.
That’s a good idea since the internet makes it easy to connect with millions of people and bring potential leads your way. However, what many don’t always understand is that there is a right and wrong way to use technology when you’re involved in affiliate marketing. As such, it’s worth taking the time to master technology so you can reach better success with your online marketing company.
There are plenty of tools and techniques to think about here, but let’s spend a few minutes and focus on some of the most beneficial and important things that you should be getting from technology. Here’s what to pay attention to.
Your website is where it all starts. This is your business card, your brochure, and more – all rolled into one. A good website should have several key elements included within it:
- Easy to navigate and read design
- Use of your colors, logo, and brand wherever possible
- Obvious links to your contact info, store, and recruitment information
- Embedded video – more on that shortly
All in all, think of the websites that you’ve visited in the past. Which ones were easy to use and gave you the info you wanted? Were there some that seemed to almost hide information beneath needless flash and pizzazz? Simple is often the right call, but be sure your brand identity is present as well.
SEO is present throughout your site, but it’s important enough to warrant a short mention here. Today’s SEO isn’t about just stuffing dozens of keywords into a 400-word paragraph, Instead, modern search engines look for quality.
Try to focus on what is important and what your company really offers, and keywords should flow naturally. There are some articles out there on SEO, but for now just try not to fill up a page with hundreds of repeated keywords. This actually drives down your ranks.
One thing that can actually help your SEO is a blog. Additionally, your blog gives you the chance to highlight your skills, your products, and more. Use your blog in a professional manner and provide compelling content to readers on a consistent basis, and you’ll start to notice increased traffic to it and to your site as a whole.
The key here is to always keep your blog updated. Once you start missing weeks, you’ll end up seeing reduced results from it. Try to update your blog at least once a week, but preferably twice a week. It can be anything from a product highlight to a quick discussion about your own history with your business, but be sure to update regularly.
Videos are probably one of the more overlooked or misused aspects of technology and how you can make money online. When you’re running an internet marketing company, one of the key things to remember is the ‘marketing’ side of things. For affiliate marketers, this means many things including selling products, drawing recruits to your company, and more. Videos can help with all of this and more. Here are some examples of how video can be used:
- Product showcases are a great option. You can choose a different product each time and make short videos about what they’re used for and why they’re great.
- Use videos to introduce yourself or members of your team to the public. These can be more on the personal side instead of professional, and can help others form a connection with you.
- Showcase what your business means to you. If it’s focused on natural health, show what that does for your life. Fitness? Showcase the results in unique ways. The key is simply to be sure to show everyone what it is that you have to offer and how your company has impacted you.
Of course, you can go viral as well if you like and create a funny, unique video. But at first, it’s worth just uploading a few basic videos to YouTube and then embedding the link into your page.
Adding video to a site offers numerous benefits. For starters, it allows for an additional way for visitors to review your page and get to know you and what you have to offer. It also looks more professional. And finally, doing so can actually drive up your SEO rankings. In short, don’t overlook video and what it offers.
Your Social Media Presence
Finally, it’s worth mentioning the Holy Grail of online marketing strategies – social media. Most already know that setting up social media accounts on sites like G+, Facebook, LinkedIn, and so on is a key part of finding success, but are you using things the right way? Here are a few quick tips:
- Don’t just constantly spam with ads. Instead, provide a steady stream of interesting articles, posts, and comments about your field and products. Then, periodically drop in a link to your business or store.
- Use video, photos, and even links to blogs to help your social media page stay fresh and interesting.
- Be sure that your profile is set up to convey your brand and showcase what you’re doing. Your image, your ‘about’ info, and even your wallpaper should all be appropriate to your business.
- Interact and engage with everyone. If someone comments on a post, respond. If they ask a question, answer. Just remember to be professional and polite, but always interact with social media users. It’s the key to better success.
If you’ll keep these basic tips in mind you should be able to start leveraging technology for your business in a more effective way than ever before.