It’s no big secret that you need a solid web presence in order to thrive in Affiliate Marketing. That means not only having a good social media presence but also having a good website to serve as your central hub and a blog that you can update on a consistent basis, letting you stay relevant throughout anything that your affiliate business does while also keeping your site traffic diversified.
WordPress has long been the most popular blogging option for those who want a fast, effective, and versatile way to maintain a blog and to even operate a website. Heck, even some of the most notable companies in the World are using WordPress to power their blogs. It offers a huge range of powerful tools and functions and is generally very easy to use.
One of the first things you need to do is migrate off of the basic free hosting that WordPress offers. This means finding good web hosting, which in turn means that you’ll have to go through the steps needed for installing WordPress on web hosting platforms. It can seem like a huge undertaking, but luckily it’s very easy to do if you follow some basic steps.
Take it from me – if you’re not experienced with running web servers, do not cheap out on your hosting provider. I personally use WPengine to host ALL of my WordPress sites and it’s the only service I really recommend to others. Here’s a tutorial below on how easy it is to get WordPress installed in your WPengine dashboard.
Why Finding A Great Web Host Matters So Much
If you’re a newbie to the world of WordPress and marketing online in general, it’s worth understanding why installing WordPress on a premium web hosting service is so important. After all, why not just let your site sit parked on that free .wordpress.com page, or just sign up for the cheapest web host you can find? Let’s look at the big reasons that it matters to see why you need to consider installing WordPress on web hosting platforms.
- Better site security
- Faster site loading times
- Higher rankings in search engines
- Professional looking URL
- More features such as site staging areas
- Better customer support
- More control and fewer restrictions
In short, installing WordPress on a premium web hosting service helps your website be all that it can be in a big way. It’s something that any affiliate marketing professional, or anyone who desires to have an online presence, needs to pay attention when trying to get noticed in the vast world of the internet. Web hosting is not something you want to skimp out on.
Installing WordPress On Web Hosting
You’ll need a good hosting service on your side to even begin installing WordPress on web hosting. Options like WP Engine are perfect since they make it easy to do, integrate numerous tools that you can use, and provide security you can trust. Once you’ve chosen your hosting service, you’ll be ready to start. While there are plenty of options, here’s the easiest method I’ve found.’
- Download WordPress Package – The process of installing WordPress on web hosting services begins with downloading the WordPress Package. This lets you install the CMS for WordPress onto the service you’re using. You can find the package right here.
- Upload The Package – Next, you’ll have to upload that package to the hosting service that you’ve chosen for installing WordPress on web hosting. You have 3 ways to do this in most cases. FTP (File Transfer Protocol), is one option. You can also use File Manager, or use Secure Socket Shell, also called SSH for short. Whichever you choose, go through the basic process of uploading the WordPress package to the account you’ve set up.
- Create Your Database – Here’s where things can start getting a bit more complex. You’ll need to access the cPanel of your hosting account. Here, you can create your MySQL database. Your database is essentially where all of the content website visitors will see is stored. It holds texts, themes, plugins, audio files, and more. In order to create the database, log into the cPanel and find the MySQL Database Wizard. Create a database and give it a name, then enter the username and password for your page. Then you can set up privileges for the users, allowing different employees to use your page in different ways. If you’re the only one using your blog, you’ll have to do this only once.
- Give The Details – The next step for installing WordPress on web hosting services is to give them the details needed. Those same steps from above – the database name, username, and password – will need to be re-entered once you start WordPress up on your browser. Once you log in you’ll choose your database host. This will be provided to you when you sign up to the web host you’re using. Once you’ve entered the info, just submit them. Your database will be linked to the WordPress account.
- Install! – Once you’ve gone through the basic steps above, you’ll be nearly finished installing WordPress on web hosting. Next you’ll have to install and finalize everything from the installation page. Just head to the following site, but change ‘yourdomainnamehere’ with the actual domain name of your website itself. https://yourdomainnamehere.com/wp-admin/install.php
- Review – Your site should be ready to go now, and you can start setting up the website and modify whatever you need to change. From here, the sky really is the limit and you’ll be able to take whatever steps you need to complete your online presence.
If that all seems too comlicated, here are some videos showing you how to install WordPress on various web hosts.
Getting The Best Results
Obviously, installing WordPress on web hosting is something that’s worth doing and that could be easier than you think. But in order to really get the best results from it, it’s vital that you keep the steps above in mind. And, most importantly, choose the right hosting service for your needs. Again, I love WP Engine for numerous reasons.
The key is taking the time to review what a particular program offers and what the hosting service provides to you.
From there, you can install with confidence.
One more tip about installing WordPress on web hosting – remember that you always have options. Nothing has to be permanent. You can modify, evolve, and change every aspect of your site and your blog. This lets you make sure that it’s perfect and that you get the kind of attention you deserve. Your company needs a great web presence if you want it to be successful, and installing WordPress on web hosting platforms is one of the fundamental steps that you have to take in order to do just that. Luckily, it’s easier to do than you might suspect – especially with great hosting options out there.