The internet has made it easier than ever to communicate with others, to entertain ourselves, and – most importantly – to work and earn money. However, while starting an online business is easier than ever, the fact remains that it’s still a challenge to drive that business forwards to success.
There are plenty of reasons for this, among them things like the oversaturation of online businesses and the fact that many have trouble generating leads and properly converting them to sales. But when you’re starting an online business, there are many resources designed to help. From learning more about how to market your business to developing a stronger online presence, there are a great number of things you can remember to help.
But among all of those popular, commonly understood processes are many overlooked secrets that just aren’t given the same amount of attention. If you’re serious about moving your company forwards into the future, you need to be sure that you pay attention to these points as well.
With that in mind, let’s take a look at some of the most commonly overlooked secrets for better affiliate marketing success. Anyone starting an online business will want to remember these.
Forget The Worker’s Mindset
The biggest hurdle that most new affiliate marketers have to clear is simply to rewire their brain. The problem is sometimes motivation, but more often it is that they go into the process of starting their company with a worker’s mindset instead of a business owner’s. Here are some points to show you what we mean:
- Workers expect to work a set number of hours each day and be compensated quickly. For example, 8 hours a day with payment coming every week or every other week.
- A worker’s mentality means that you go into your business planning on working only a set number of hours, and expecting to start making real money fast.
- A business owner works longer hours by far, putting in as many as 12 hours or more a day sometimes.
- Businesses often don’t provide a steady income within weeks. It can take months or even a year or more before you start seeing a real stream of income.
In short, you need to be prepared to put in longer hours and wait longer for your effort to start providing the rewards you’re striving towards. Far too many new network marketers don’t understand this or aren’t aware of it, and paying attention to it is important for better success.
Learn From Mistakes And Grow Resilient
Another overlooked secret is to change the way you deal with challenges and problems. Instead of spending hours focusing on trying to blame someone or shift blame off of your shoulders, the better approach is to look at what you can learn from every setback and every issue that your company faces. Don’t worry about what has gone wrong. Instead, overcome the challenge and then look back at it to see how you can make changes to your strategy to avoid the problem in the future.
Most network marketers just deal with a problem and try to blame it on bad luck or a team member’s own failures. Instead, don’t’ focus on blame – focus on how to get better from mistakes and setbacks.
Use The Internet… All Of It
Another thing that is often overlooked is just how large and diverse the internet is. Sure, everyone will talk to you about using social media like Facebook to try to make connections with others, generate leads, and draw people to your team.
But what isn’t always given as much attention is that there are many other facets to the internet that you can make work for you. Consider some of the following:
- YouTube – YouTube can serve a huge number of purposes. You can introduce yourself and company, highlight products, showcase team members, offer guides or instructional videos, and more. It’s an easy platform to provide a lot of content to anyone interested in what you offer.
- Twitter – Facebook is usually what gets most of the online attention, but Twitter can let you send out blasts to customers or team members. Many network marketers will want to have two Twitter accounts – one for their business members and one for clients or customers.
- Blog – Your blog is more than just a place to write a few things here and there. Your blog can provide you the chance to stand out as an expert in your field. It also allows you to enhance your SEO, modify your strategies, highlight products, and more. The key is to keep updating it regularly.
These are just a few examples of how to put the internet to work for you. Don’t’ overlook anything – Instagram, G+, and even Snapchat can be used creatively to interact and engage with others online.
Finally, it’s worth mentioning another thing that is often ignored by many affiliate marketers – the follow up. For many new business professionals, it’s easy to make a sale or interact with a potential team member and then never contact them again. But following up no matter what is essential. Even if you get turned down at first, following up regularly could eventually translate to a prospect finally joining your team.
And following up with those who have made a purchase can help you get another sale or even gradually convince them to come onboard and become a part of your downline. The key is simply to make sure you follow up with everyone you interact with. It can make a big difference.