When I first started in affiliate marketing, I was completely overwhelmed by the number of options available for WordPress hosting. Not being particularly tech-savvy, I would read the features and specifications of different hosting companies and just end up even more confused. After a few years or trial and error, I finally figured it out. I would hate to have to see you guys go through the same process, so I decided I’d put together this easy guide of the top three sites that I have would recommend to people just starting out.
How I Chose The Top Three
When I was thinking about how to put together a list of recommended hosting for WordPress, I realized that I couldn’t just list off three different service companies. There are plenty of great hosting options anyone could use, so really I needed to determine what features are most needed for affiliate marketers. Once I established those, I could make my recommendations. Here are the metrics I decided for determining the recommended hosting for WordPress companies:
1. Ease of use: Ease of use is especially important for affiliate marketers, because many of us do not have a web design background. Also, the easiest the platform is to use, the less time you have to spend making changes and any time saved is critical for our success.
2. Performance: Obviously the performance of the hosting matters because it will determine our brand credibility. The better our site performs, the more likely we are to engage customers.
3. Available plugins: Affiliate marketing requires a lot of SEO, analytics, and automation tools to really capture and dominate the market. Hosting platforms need to offer a ton of great plugins specifically for affiliate marketers.
4. Price: Price is always a factor because we all want to keep our overhead as low as possible.
5. Customer support: I know I had a ton of questions in the beginning and having knowledgeable customer support available when I needed them was really important to the success of my business.
With these metrics in mind, here are my top three recommended hosting for WordPress companies:
Option 1 For Recommended Hosting For WordPress: WPEngine
WPEngine is a WordPress specific web hosting company. It provides focused services and tools for WordPress.
1. Ease of use: WPEngine is incredibly easy to use. The administration panel is really designed for people who have never built a website before. It’s uncomplicated and streamlined so you aren’t overwhelmed by options. Plus, they give you a really comprehensive guide to help you understand how to do anything you can imagine. Also, site migration could not be simpler. They offer a 1-click install, so only takes a few minutes to go live.
2. Performance: WPEngine has superior performance because it has a proprietary caching system and daily backups to ensure that your site loads quickly every time someone visits.
3. Available Plugins: WPEngine has incredible plugin offerings. Plus, they have a fully dedicated program designed just for affiliate marketers, so you will be able to do everything and anything you need to grow your business.
4. Price: WPEngine is very affordable with plans starting at $29 per month for 25,000 visitors.
5. Customer Support: You can’t really do better on customer support. WPEngine offers 24/7, 365 live customer support with a knowledgeable technician.
Option 2 For Recommended Hosting For WordPress: SiteGround
SiteGround is a very popular option for WordPress hosting. They have a variety of hosting plans for any size of business.
1. Ease of use: SiteGround is not that easy to use. The administration panel is a little confusing until you understand how to use it. However, the setup and transfer process is pretty straightforward. So it’s half and half on ease of use.
2. Performance: The performance is great for the more expensive plans. However, their entry-level plans are very limited in terms of speed, reliability, and security.
3. Available Plugins: SiteGround also has some great plugin offerings for affiliate marketers. They are a little difficult to implement with the more complex administrative panel, but they do have everything you will need.
4. Price: SiteGround is really affordable with plans starting at $3.95/month. However, the more affordable plans offer very limited performance.
5. Customer Support: Like WPEngine, SiteGround has live 24/7, 365 customer support. So someone is always available to answer your questions.
Option 3 For Recommended Hosting For WordPress: HostGator
HostGator is also a very popular option for WordPress hosting. They are one of most recommended hosting for WordPress platforms on the market because they have been around since 2002.
1. Ease of use: HostGator is incredibly easy to use. The administration panel, site transfer, and even sign up are extremely user-friendly. Like WPEngine, they also offer 1-click installation.
2. Performance: They offer unlimited bandwidth, disk space, and databases. However, these unlimited offerings do not always translate into great performance for the entry level hosting options. There are so many users on their shared servers, there are some performance issues with speed.
3. Available Plugins: HostGator has great plugin offerings for affiliate marketers. They don’t have as many options as WPEngine, but you will still be able to find everything you need.
4. Price: HostGator also is extremely affordable starting at $5.56 a month. However, like SiteGround their low end hosting options are extremely limited.
5. Customer Support: For as many users as there, they have a surprising good customer service offerings. They have 24/7, 365 support, and a ticketing system to help ensure that you get the expertise you need from their support agents.
My Top Choice Of Recommended Hosting For WordPress
Of these three recommended hosting for WordPress options, I still have a favorite. I’ve used all three over the years and now solely use WPEngine. Though they all have comparable offerings at the end of the day, WPEngine was created specifically for WordPress hosting. I have found as a result, it is the best option for WordPress hosting. I use WPEngine exclusively for all my websites. So if you are just starting out, I’d say check out all three of these sites, but I’m sure that like me, you’ll find that WPEngine really is the best of the three.