The internet is filled with potential, and those who are looking for ways to improve their salary potential and make it easier to work from home will often have questions about exactly what the best paths to their goals are. One of the best choices out there is affiliate marketing, and learning more about it and how you can make it work for you is one of the first steps towards changing your future for the better.
But it’s still something that takes work, and figuring out just how to go about finding the best results from affiliate marketing isn’t always easy. Using a resource like Wealthy Affiliate is the best way to start in my opinion, because you are able to learn everything you need to know in the order you need to know it and all at the same place which also provides all the tools you’ll ever need to get your business up and running.
But beyond that, you still have to develop your own basic strategy. One option that some have utilized is to use Craigslist for affiliate marketing. While it’s often looked at as more of a place to buy or sell in the physical world, the fact is that some people have found very real results from using Craigslist for affiliate marketing.
I think it’s important to understand a few basic things so you can determine whether or not using Craigslist for affiliate marketing is the right choice for you. It’s not a great strategy for everyone, but for some it’s an option that could be just what is needed.
Will This Video Change Your Life Like It Changed Mine?
The Basics Of Using Craigslist For Affiliate Marketing
- Get a verified Craigslist account. It’s easy enough to do so through your phone, and takes just a few minutes. Once you have a Phone Verified account you’ll be able to reach more people and show that you’re much more professional than some other listers that may be using the site.
- Post your ads! Choose one or two products and start posting about 3 ads each day on Craigslist. The site does monitor its content, despite what some think, and posting too many will often flag your account and could lead to them being removed, making it virtually impossible to use Craigslist for affiliate marketing.
- When a prospect shows interest in your affiliate marketing options, email them your affiliate link and let them follow it to the appropriate sites.
That’s the entire process of using Craigslist for affiliate marketing in a nutshell. The key is to stick with the postings and continue adding 2 to 3 ads each day offering your products to potential prospects.
Of course, as I mentioned above, using Craigslist for affiliate marketing isn’t a strategy that everyone will find to their advantage, and it is not something that I use as a regular part of my affilaite marketing business. With that in mind, let’s look at a few of the drawbacks that may exist that you’ll want to consider before you dive into using Craigslist for affiliate marketing.
- Difficulty standing out in a crowded market
- Stigma that could be associated by some people with using affiliate links on the site
- Could take time before you begin to see results from your listings
- Potential for having an account flagged if used improperly
In particular, the last one is important to pay attention to. Affiliate marketers enjoy being free to promote the way they want, but Craigslist has numerous rules and guidelines in place. You’ll have to be sure to follow their rules in order to keep using the site.
Aside from these basic drawbacks, the fact remains that using Craigslist for affiliate marketing does offer the potential to reach people you may not have been able to contact otherwise. As such, it’s something worth considering. If you decide it isn’t for you, there are other paths available. But it’s still a good idea to take a closer look at it.
Tips To Get More From Your Efforts
Using Craigslist for affiliate marketing obviously has its pros and cons – as does every other strategy out there for this type of work. However, there are several tips that can help you get more from the process. Here are some points to keep in mind.
- Build Your Website – An affiliate marketer is only as good as their website. It’s your hub – the point where all of your business income is derived. You can build a website easily using the platform found at WealthyAffiliate and then start promoting affiliate products. Without that website, you’ll struggle to succeed.
- Choose The Right Products – Choose to promote products that you’re familiar with and passionate about. However, also be sure that you focus on products that the Craigslist listings in your area don’t seem to be promoted as heavily. And finally, choose a couple of products instead of trying to promote dozens. Otherwise you’ll have a harder time trying to track your efforts and manage your posts.
- Use Images – Many users of Craigslist prefer to look at products with images. Adding a couple of images will help you get more views and more potential clicks.
- Don’t Use “Job Listings” – This is a common mistake that some affiliate marketers make when trying to attract prospects. Instead of using job listings, you should only be using Craigslist for affiliate marketing by promoting affiliate products.
- Be Prepared For Challenges – You’re not going to instantly start using Craigslist for affiliate marketing and start earning thousands. There will likely be delays, setbacks, and other challenges. As such, you’ll want to be prepared for them ahead of time and go into the process expecting them. This way you can meet them head on and still find success.
- Get Help When You Need It – Sometimes, we all need a helping hand. Luckily, the community at WealthyAffiliate is dedicated to helping provide you with answers, guidance, and motivation. If you feel that you’re unsure of what to do next or how best to proceed, don’t be afraid to ask for help.
The bottom line is simple: using Craigslist for affiliate marketing is something that is worth considering for any affiliate marketer. As long as you know the pros and cons and what to expect – and how to get the most from your efforts – you should be able to develop a strategy that is right for you.