[et_pb_section bb_built=”1″ admin_label=”section”][et_pb_row admin_label=”row” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat” background_size=”initial”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_text background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat” background_size=”initial” _builder_version=”3.0.105″ background_layout=”light”]
Becoming your own boss and earning money without having to show up every day at a job is a dream that millions of people have. Not too long ago, back in 2009, this was all just a dream for me as well. Little did I know it’s not only possible to earn an income online, but it can take over your full time income like it did for me!
However, it’s not always as easy to reach that goal as we’d all like, and it certainly hasn’t been easy for me to get to this point. It takes hard work, determination, and more importaintly, a crazy amount of patience. Luckily, if you have those traits, the internet has helped to turn it into a reality and today it’s much more possible than it once was to earn a great living online.
One option that has been available for years is that of PPC advertising, and recently, PPC affiliate marketing has become much more common and more popular than it once was. It’s certainly a viable way to earn money over the internet, but understanding more about it is very important if you’re thinking of using it for yourself.
The Basics Of PPC Affiliate Marketing
The “PPC” in PPC affiliate marketing stands for Pay Per Click, and the title should tell you all you need to know about the basic way to earn money using this type of opportunity.
With PPC affiliate marketing, those participating in the affiliate program are paid for clicks – though the clicks themselves may be different depending upon the type of program signed up for.
Sites like Wealthy Affiliate allow you to join different affiliate programs, and some may be PPC affiliate marketing opportunities. You may be paid for lead generation, click-throughs, impression ads, and their follow-throughs, and more. This could mean that you’re paid every time someone visits a website from your affiliate links, that you’re paid when someone signs up for a newsletter or a form, or something else entirely. This differs from other types of affiliate marketing in which marketers are paid a commission on sales that they generate.
As with other types of affiliate marketing, PPC affiliate marketing professionals are basically freelance marketers. You can pick which programs to participate in and which companies or even products you want to focus on. Then, you’ll take your own steps to generate results. There will be no overhead costs on your side, and you’ll get paid based on the structure set up by the program.
Pay per click ads used to be one of the biggest areas of online marketing for affiliate marketers, but today these marketing efforts are rarer than other types as many PPC companies, such as Google Adwords, have strict guidelines for affiliates. Still, there are numerous opportunities out there for those who are serious about giving themselves excellent money making chances, and PPC affiliate marketing is one that is worth taking a look at.
Getting The Most From PPC Affiliate Marketing
While it’s true that PPC affiliate marketing is a very real, very viable way to earn money online, it’s important that you understand that it’s not a fast way to become rich overnight. Instead, it takes dedication, effort, and plenty of hard work and discipline to really succeed. Many affiliate marketers lose hundreds, thousands, and even tens of thousands of dollars on PPC ads before ever turning a profit, if they ever do profit.
A big part of this is because you have to be able to generate a larger quantity of click-throughs in order to get sustainable income, and you also must determine which PPC ad campaigns actually give you a return on investment. This can take some time and experimentation, which inevitably will cost you some money as you experiment. With traditional affiliate marketing programs that you’ll find on Wealthy Affiliate, your commission comes from sales – the larger the sale, the more you’ll make. With PPC affiliate marketing, your payment could be a few cents up to ten or more dollars per action. The key is getting the best conversion rate from those who view your ads.
There are a few tips that can help you find better success at PPC affiliate marketing. Here are a few things to pay attention to.
- One key focus is that you need larger-scale reach and higher efficiency in your efforts. This means that you need to ‘go big or go home’. While a niche market approach is still important, you also need to try to target as many people as you can, and you’ll also want to use “split testing” to see which ads perform the best.
- A strong website matters. Wealthy Affiliate makes it easy to create a great website that is easy for you to use and easy for visitors to navigate. Create a good site and use it as the hub for all of your PPC affiliate marketing and traditional affiliate marketing efforts.
- Social media is one of the best ways to attract new leads, build your brand, and connect with others. Don’t just stop at creating a page for yourself and posting links there – get social. Reply to comments, check out pages for products and services within your niche area of focus, and more.
- A blog can help you build a better brand, too. You’ll want to consistently update your blog, create compelling content for it, and focus on developing your own identity – your brand. Do you want to be known for product reviews that are entertaining and witty? Or to focus on how different products help you be a better parent? Or chart your journey to a healthier life with the help of various tools and products? Figure out your brand and build your blog around it.
- Above all else, stay committed to your goals. It can take over a year to finally start seeing profits from your efforts in the world of PPC affiliate marketing, and many who enter the field end up giving up before they reach their true potential. If you don’t stay focused on your goals, you’ll never be able to reach them.
The Bottom Line
The simple fact is that to find the best potential for your financial future in the world of affiliate marketing, your best option is to diversify while still maintaining your core brand identity. For example, using things like PPC affiliate marketing along with traditional affiliate marketing will help you increase revenue streams and generate income from different sources. In doing so, you should remember that your overall brand identity and niche area of focus can’t be ignored. If you’ll keep those fundamentals in mind, you should be able to get greater results from your efforts.
Affiliate marketing is a viable way to earn money and take charge of your life in numerous ways. But it’s vital that you go about it the right way. The information above should help make it easier to do just that and to start moving towards making your ultimate goals and dreams a reality.