In order for any affiliate marketer to really stand out and get noticed in the online world, they need a good web presence. That means a solid website and a good blog, along with a strong social media presence. I have written volumes about how to use social media, it’s also important to pay attention to your website and blog.
Just getting it set up and running is the first step, but it goes further than that. You’ll need to find the right hosting for your site if you want to look professional and have your site run smoothly. This is especially true for those of you (like me) who aren’t the most technologically advanced. One thing that many people consider is using WordPress with GoDaddy hosting, and it’s a solid option for plenty of reasons.
But are there better options? WordPress with GoDaddy hosting is backed by plenty of flashy advertisements, but behind those clever marketing campaigns lies a very solid web hosting company that could be perfect for your business. However, over the years I’ve found that there could be some other options out there. Before you sign up for WordPress with GoDaddy hosting, it’s worth taking a closer look at what WordPress with GoDaddy hosting offers and what other options you might have available to you.
A Closer Look At WordPress With GoDaddy Hosting
First, it’s worth taking a look at WordPress with GoDaddy hosting and what its pros and cons are. Let me break it down, in a nutshell, then I’ll go over a few other basics.
Here are the benefits that GoDaddy offers:
- Low cost
- Cutting edge technology
- Excellent security features
- Numerous extra features
Now let’s look at the drawbacks that you may experience from WordPress with GoDaddy hosting:
- Long wait times and runaround for customer service
- Difficult to leave and long-term contracts
- Numerous restrictions on usage
- Restrictions on databases, email addresses, and more
- High public profile means they’re a more likely target for hackers
All in all, it’s true that using WordPress with GoDaddy hosting is something that makes sense for a lot of people. But while it offers easy usage and low cost along with excellent stability, those looking for something a bit better may want to consider other options.
The key thing to understand here is that WordPress with GoDaddy hosting may seem like the only fish in the digital ocean, but that is largely because it’s just so visible. It spends millions on advertising every year, from TV to internet ads to T-shirts and beyond. But just because a company has a large marketing budget doesn’t mean that they’re the best choice.
And while it’s true that you could save a bit of money by using a long-term contract with WordPress with GoDaddy hosting, paying a few dollars more for a higher end option could be well worth doing – especially if you want more than just basic functionality from your site.
Here’s a video of some of the issues one user was having with GoDaddy customer service:
Looking At Other Options
The good news is that if you want something more than cheap WordPress with GoDaddy hosting, you have choices. Sites like WPengine, for example, offer a lot of great benefits that rival and even exceed GoDaddy hosting – and you may find additional benefits from them as well.
To see what I mean, just take a look at some of what WPengine offers compared to GoDaddy hosting in terms of benefits.
- It offers easier usage and timesaving features than WordPress with GoDaddy hosting. You’ll be able to maintain different codebases on different servers, letting you reduce setup, maintenance, and update times.
- The support is much, much better. With GoDaddy hosting you spend more time on hold than actually fixing a problem, but WPengine focuses a huge amount of their time on customer service, which is especially helpful for those of us who don’t have a ton of technical skills.
- Stability matters, and while GoDaddy offers great stability, most of the other options today do as well. That means you can choose the right option for your needs regardless of what they are – one hosting service doesn’t have a monopoly any longer.
- Other hosting options – including WPengine – also offer a wide range of tools and features that you can use to get the best results from your website. No matter what it is you’re looking for, you’ll find tools and resources that will give you an experience on the same level as WordPress with GoDaddy hosting.
- All of these benefits and more are there for you to take advantage of but without the long-term commitments and difficult migration that GoDaddy requires. In short, your site never becomes ‘trapped’ in a limbo because you want to change hosting. And with fewer restrictions, you’re able to do what you want with your site.
As you can see, GoDaddy is far from the only option out there and while they may be cheap, plenty of other higher end choices may offer you more flexibility without sacrificing any of the benefits that GoDaddy can provide. You can check out my review of WPengine here, or simply watch the video below for a detailed overview of my top choice alternative to GoDaddy.
What Is Right For You?
Really, it all comes down to personal preference. For those who aren’t sure what they want or who aren’t concerned about growing and developing their website and online persona in a big way in the future, WordPress with GoDaddy hosting could be a good first step.
But for those serious about the future of their business and their online space, it’s worth taking the time to invest in better options. Think of WordPress with GoDaddy hosting as a kind of ‘entry-level’ option for those who don’t really know what they’re looking for. Hosting services like WPEngine are a better choice when you’re willing to get serious about your business and make sure that it gets all of the advantages and benefits that a good hosting service offers without all of the restrictions and hassles that GoDaddy may bring with it.
It’s your business, and the choice is ultimately yours, but it’s important to remember that you have plenty of other options beyond what WordPress with GoDaddy hosting offers to you. Look beyond the flashy online and television advertising campaigns and you’ll see that there are plenty of choices for your hosting.